I recently ran across a great article written by Jimm Fox of One Market Media on the many business uses of video. I’ve listed his main categories below, and you can check out the full article for more details.
- Customer Reference – video helps with collecting and showing customer testimonials, case studies and interviews.
- Product & Service Promotion – companies use video for product presentations, demonstrations and reviews.
- Corporate – corporations provide their company overview, executive highlights, facility tours and more with video.
- Training & Support – video is the latest thing in employee training, sales presentations and maintenance support.
- Internal Communication – video is now being used for business plans, company achievements, event coverage, employee orientation and health & safety education.
- Marketing – video promotions can take the form of commercials, viral video, content marketing and landing pages.
- PR/Community – video press releases are becoming more popular, along with video PR materials and community relation pieces.
- Events – at an event, presentations, roundtable discussions and Q&A with experts can all take place in video.
- Other – videos are also being used for recruitment, vlogs (video blogs) and research/surveys.
On the internet search side of the equation, research shows that a webpage with video is 30% more likely to end up on the first page of search results in Google then the same page without video. Google is now giving preference to video content in their search algorithm.
At Soundview, we are following this trend carefully, and have expanded our own offerings to include video. Our iPad format of each business book summary includes a video introduction from our Editor-in-Chief Sarah Dayton. We now produce Executive Insights, a series of videos which interview active executives regarding key business skills. And we’re developing additional video content to be released soon.
Video increases engagement time, deepens emotional connections, and gives your company more trust and credibility with your customers and other stake-holders. And the cost of entry is becoming less every day with new technologies and web tools. If your company or organization is not currently using video, now is the time to jump in.