You’ve been promoted to leadership — congratulations! But it’s nothing like your old job, is it? William Gentry says it’s time to flip your script. We all have mental scripts that tell us how the world works. Your old script was all about “me”: standing out as an individual. But as a new leader, you need to flip your script from “me” to “we” and help the group you lead succeed. In Be the Boss Everyone Wants to Work For, Gentry supports and coaches you to flip your script in six key areas. He offers actionable, practical, evidence-based advice and examples drawn from his research, his work with leaders, and his own failures and triumphs of becoming a new leader. But this book is more than a series of best practices — it’s your guide to internalizing a leader’s perspective. Gentry helps you flip your script so you’ll know what to do to help yourself and the team you lead succeed. That’s the kind of boss everyone wants to work for — and the kind of boss who accomplishes the most. Get started flipping your script, and become the kind of boss everyone wants to work for.
IN THIS SUMMARY, YOU WILL LEARN:
• Why becoming a new leader brings a sea change in roles and expectations.
• The six ways you can “flip your script” to become a boss everyone wants to work for.
• The importance of non-verbal communication among leaders.
• How to adjust to new relationships with subordinates and teams.
• How to gain a leader’s perspective and develop and focus on others.