In The Best Place to Work, award-winning psychologist Ron Friedman uses the latest research from the fields of motivation, creativity, behavioral economics, neuroscience and management to reveal what really makes us successful at work. Combining powerful stories with cutting-edge findings, Friedman shows leaders at every level how they can use scientifically proven techniques to promote smarter thinking, greater innovation and stronger performance. Among the many surprising insights, Friedman explains how learning to think like a hostage negotiator can help you defuse a workplace argument, why placing a fishbowl near your desk can enhance your thinking, and how incorporating strategic distractions into your schedule can help you reach smarter decisions. Brimming with counterintuitive insights and actionable recommendations, The Best Place to Work offers employees and executives alike game-changing advice for working smarter and turning any organization — regardless of its size, budgets or ambitions — into an extraordinary workplace.
IN THIS SUMMARY, YOU WILL LEARN:
• Why successful teams make more mistakes than other teams.
• How the design of our workplace impacts our performance.
• Six insights to delay the adaptation that erodes happiness.
• Why the best managers focus on themselves.
• How to provide daily opportunities for autonomy, competence and relatedness.