“If you would like a stronger voice in discussions; if you wish to express yourself with more clarity and impact; if you want others not to interrupt you because they don’t “hear” you; if you’d liked to be assertive but not aggressive, promote yourself, be visible, speak with presence, and move your career forward by showing yourself as a confident, capable leader – if you say “yes” to any of these, then this book is for you.” Judith Humphrey
This book Humphrey is talking about is her latest title Taking the Stage. While the book is aimed primarily at women, the principles apply to anyone who is seeking to move up in the business world. Having the confidence to speak up in any situation takes courage and knowledge, and Humphry provides the information and techniques needed to shine.
Here are some of the things you can learn:
- Speak up confidently, even when others don’t agree.
- Convey your accomplishments without self-doubt.
- Be assertive but not aggressive.
- Deliver clear and convincing messages.
- Move beyond “minimizing” language and apology.
- Find your own powerful and authentic voice.
- Achieve confident body language and a leadership presence.
If you would like to achieve this kind of confidence in your workplace, then please join us on June 9th to hear Judith Humphrey explain how to reach for this level of confidence. Strengthen your voice at our Soundview live webinar Taking the Stage. And bring your questions to post during the event.